27 September 2004
Oh no! The greenhouse gasses are coming!
The San Francisco Chronicle (I'd call it the "Comical" but that would be insulting to the "Old Chronicle"'s tradition of putting out a joke edition on April 1st) has printed a nifty little piece on the City's plans to fight "GLOBAL WARMING" (dun dun, dun dun dun...duuuunnnnh). Of course it's short on real science and long on political rhetoric (including a completely out of place, blatantly partisan quote:
Hardly the first of its kind, San Francisco's plan is regarded as one of the
more ambitious big-city commitments in the United States -- all of them part of
a coordinated effort by mostly Democratic urban governments to counter the
perceived go-slow approach of the Bush administration.

So there is a collusive anti-business plan amongst Democratic urban governments? Wow. I never would have suspected that.
Anywho, the story lightly touches on what the City plans to due to reduce so-called "greenhouse gas" pollutants. No offense San Francisco, but how about reducing some slightly heavier pollutants first like all the trash on the streets, graffiti and corruption in City spending? Of course I guess the "mostly Democratic urban government" is probably too "big picture" to take those little things into account eh?
A Republican in San Francisco (Yes, he's under deep cover) relays his tales of interest... ...ok, "interest" is a strong and subjective word but you get the point.
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

I shall know but one country. The ends I aim at shall be my country's, my God's and Truth's. I was born an American; I live an American; and I shall die an American. -Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

ARCHIVES
September 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / April 2007 / May 2007 /

Powered by Blogger